We do get asked a lot by out of town investors on our knowledge and opinion of the Hawkes Bay urban property market. So here it is: Over the past two weeks there have been plenty of articles in the local paper (HB Today) on facts that impact any residential property investor’s future. Let me just list the points. Read more!
You may have noticed that it has become a lot more difficult to find rental properties in Hawkes Bay. When we advertise a property, we get at least five times the enquiries we used to get 18 months ago. Here are some tips to increase your chances of being the successful applicant:
1) ENQUIRE text or email INFORMATION: (Complete information saves yourself and us time!)
– Your Name
– How many people is this for?
– What pets if any do you have? State NO pets if applicable!
– Your cell phone number
– what days/times would be best for you to view (if you are restricted)
– know who will move in and state that on the application.
2) COME PREPARED – VIEW:
– When you come to the viewing: BE ORGANISED:
– You must have photo ID (Drivers license is best
– have last two addresses and phone numbers of past landlords available
– Come with all adults that are applying or going to live at the property
Top Tips to miss out:
Not having photo ID
Not having previous landlord phone numbers OR other references
Not remembering previous addresses
“Just having lost the wallet”
Coming by car but having no drivers license on you
We wish everyone good luck finding a home. Sometimes a home we have available may not be suitable for you and we hate to waste your time inviting you to a viewing, if our instructions by the property owner are clear as to for example how many people they will allow or if they allow pets.
We are trying our best to serve the owners we work for AND our tenants.
I found we get a lot of information on property all the time, but often it felt as if property news was ever only about Auckland Wellington and Christchurch.
We were keen to get information together that affects the Hawke’s Bay market and I have now tried to collate what I could find.
This is data directly related to property as well as economic information that I think is significant. I welcome comments and information that could be of interest to anyone investing in residential property in Hawke’s Bay. This will sometimes just be the figures I took from an article, sometimes the whole article. Often it will be information from Hawke’s Bay, sometimes national information relevant to Hawke’s Bay. I will leave the interpretation to you.